Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Bargain Shopping at Thrift Stores

As many of you know, I am a thrift store (Savers, Goodwill, and Salvation Army) shopper--I recently found a 20" girls Schwinn bike ($150.00 new and maybe ridden 10 times in it's short life!) for $20.00 for my six year old grand daughter. During the same visit, I found no less than ten almost new Gymboree girls outfits (various sizes), all for under five dollars, Children's Place outfits in the same price range and almost new, a pair of almost new "light -up" little girls sneakers for $3, and tons of dress up items for little girlies for practically nothing! I am constantly amazed at what people get rid of to thrift stores!! Gently used men and womens clothing, furniture, housewares, toys, and even single and double running strollers!! If you are familiar with good brand names and values, you can even put these things on ebay and make quite a bit of money if you're willing to spend the time on it. I don't ebay them, but love to recycle in this way! I would never spend the money for these name brands new, but at these prices, who can resist! Try it!!
Also try craigslist.com for amazing buys on just about everything you can imagine! Some of it is even free! I'll happily walk you thru it or tell you my favorite store locations if you're interested. This could be a part of your "second income" in your family--shopping for bargains and recycling in this way!
Happy bargain hunting!!